Saturday, July 14

"That's a no-no"

Nick & I were listening to music & looking out the window of our 15th floor condo. We were watching all the people walking around below & all was quiet, until Nick shouted:

"Oh no! He's walking in the street! That's a no-no!"

That's my boy!


There are a few things I can't find in the grocery stores so far:
* Frozen Waffles (Kelloggs would make a killing here if they brought over their Eggo waffles!)
* Refrigerated biscuits or cinnamon rolls (There goes our family tradition of Sunday morning cinnamon rolls.)
* Frosted Mini Wheats (Of course, the only cereal my kids will eat.)

There are a few interesting things I did find in the grocery store:
* Spaghetti sauce sold in a bag (Most of the spaghetti sauce I saw on my trip yesterday was packaged that way)
* ALL kinds of fish staring straight at me in the middle of the store! EWWWW!!
* The largest selection of rice I could have ever imagined! (I just want the plain white stuff that cooks up in 5 minutes!!)

After serving a cheesy meal of macaroni & cheese with a side of Cheetos the other day, I think I've finally stocked up my pantry enough to have a variety of meal options. We'll see tonight...

3 comments:

Jenn said...

The fish staring at me would send me over the edge! YUCK! My friend is from the Philippines and her parents had a party and invited us and when we walked in there was a huge cooked pig sitting on the kitchen counter - the entire pig with the apple in its mouth and all! I almost lost it! Needless to say after the party we went to Whataburger!

Bummer on the cereal - we love Frosted Mini Wheats - we do Kellogs Frozen pancakes instead of the waffles - I wonder if they have them?

Great hearing about your adventures!

owldog1 said...

Is it allowed for us to send you some cereal?

Amberly said...

You know... I am not sure if there are any regulations on sending food over. I wouldn't think so since it's a dry item.