Saturday, July 28

Saturday Night Happy Hour

It's Saturday night & I can hear the thumping from the club around the corner again. This time, I can hear a large group of people chanting & singing along with the music. It sounds like they're singing along with a song, "Hey... Ho... Hey... Ho..." Over & over & over!! Whatever they're doing, they are having a great time!

Today was all about the wives!! We went to the spa downstairs to get a pedicure & foot scrub. (A whopping $10!!) Then we called Cat (our friend we made at the relocation office) to ask her if she wanted to join us for a Girls' Night Out. She agreed & said she'd pick us up in half an hour. (She drives in Manila, which is still beyond my comprehension!! The traffic is unbelievably crazy!) So, she took us to a fun little Irish pub, where we were able to enjoy some happy hour drinks & appetizers. The margaritas here taste different than they do in the states. Apparently, they use a local tequila, which has quite a different flavor to it. Not bad, just different. During happy hour, you pay $6.00 for unlimited margaritas. So, we kept 'em busy! And, we had a blast!

The Four Musketeers - Julie, Malay, Amberly & Catriona


Julie & Malay


Amberly & Catriona

(In my defense, Cat said we should cross our eyes. So, I did! And, she did also, but you can't see them. Now I know where Sydney gets it from...)

After our drinks & appetizers, Cat took us to a different restaurant known for its excellent Thai food. It was very fancy schmancy, but very affordable! We tasted various delicious dishes... chicken coconut salad, stir fried chicken with holy basil, grilled pork & chicken skewers with a peanut dressing & cucumber salad, and of course, pad thai. All of it was wonderful!!

One final stop at the grocery store for some Oreo cookies & we were on our way home.

It was so, so, so nice to get out of this house for some girl time with friends! I am so blessed to have these neat ladies with me on this journey!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, let me get this straight.....Cat was driving in Manila traffic after "unlimited" margaritas??? Are y'all trying to keep up with Lindsay, Paris, and Nicole? Do I sound like your mother? :)

Kristi said...

I'm jealous!!!!

Unknown said...

$10 pedicures and $6 unlimited margaritas. That alone would have sold me on the idea to move there!
I'm gonna have to come visit you!

Amberly said...

ARE you my mother ?!?! :) If it makes you feel any better, Cat did limit her consumption since she was the driver. A Scottish woman limited her consumption of alcohol!! You should be impressed!

Jenn said...

Looks like a great time! I wish I was there to toast one with you! I looked on the irish pub website and have you seen the picture of food - YUCK - 3 runny eggs and pork and beans! Ha! I'll stick to the drinks!