Monday, January 28

Monday, Monday...

So good to me.
Monday, Monday
It was all I hoped it would be...


In honor of a great Monday, I'm going to post about some things that made me happy today:

* Getting to school early this morning.
* A new blow dryer.
* Finding my way to a new part of town without being stopped by a policeman! A major accomplishment for a westerner in the Philippines.
* Catching up on my laundry. No small feat!
* Cleaning my kitchen.
* Being able to help out a friend in need.
* Having kids in Sydney's & Samuel's class ask if they could come over to our house to play. It means the twins have made good friends in their new school & that is a huge relief!
* A nap this afternoon.
* Listening to Sydney sing High School Musical 2 songs in her room.
* A successful evening of homework.
* Eating dinner at The Pancake House. Sounds crazy, but they have the best tacos that I have tasted in Subic so far. And, of course, the kids inhale their waffles!
* What made it even better was that Sam was home in time to eat with us!
* Being able to sit down at the computer tonight without being interrupted.

I hope you all have a wonderful Monday as well! Enjoy the beginning of your week!

8 comments:

Kristi said...

I am sooo glad you had a great Monday!! Your tacos at The Pancake House sounds like my favorite nachos at Red Lobster!!

Hope your Tuesday turns out great as well!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Amberly,
I am so glad that you and your family are enjoying the sights and sounds- of Subic Bay! Art was stationed there whilehe was in the Navy & he still talks about it! He really loves the philippines and the sweet people - and he & I just love their food. but -BOY-O-BOY- is it hard to find good PHILIPPINE food here in San Antonio, Tx.

Love to all from -TEXAS

LOVE,
AUNT JUDY

Akilez said...

Pancakes!!!

Filipinos love pancakes.
They have different version of Pancakes in every island. The one I like the best is Cebu pancake.
It is yellow and almost taste like a Crepe. Have you tried eating Halo Halo it is crush ice with flan and different kinds of beans in it.

Try The Le-chon (Roasted Pig) I know you will like it because it taste so good plenty in Olangapo. It's the same you cook Pig in Texas

Try This Filipino barbecue.

ingredients

Filipino Barbecue

A pound of Pork or Barbecue
1 tsp lemon
1 onion
1 garlic glove
1 cup tomato Ketchup
2 tsp of Kikoman soy sauce
A drop of San Miguel Beer it is really up to you how much you put or not put at all.
1 Table spoon white sugar
salt and pepper
A little sprite or 7-up

mixed all ingredients and marinate overnight and grill on charcoal (filipino black charcoal)

got to go makes me hungry

Unknown said...

Look at you...all cheery on a Monday! I loved reading your list and knowing that your day was going so well! I'm glad!

Dara said...

It is so nice to hear someone having a great Monday!!! Lots of fun things to be happy about!

Lindsay said...

What a great day! How did you get so much done in one day?! I am so glad you are closer to Sam now. I can't wait until you are closer to all of us again! We miss you, but really enjoying hearing about your amazing journey.

Lindsay

Akilez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Akilez said...

ooops correction. it's Pork or Beef